How to Apply
Making the choice to apply for admission to Lawrence Tech’s College of Business and Information Technology will further your educational objectives and make it possible to achieve both your personal and professional goals.
Applications are accepted year-round for admission to Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Qualified candidate for this program will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants holding a master’s degree or who have been previously admitted to a master level program.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent who have obtained a minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate course work. For applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0, a GMAT or other assessment tool may be required.
To apply to the LTU Master of Business Administration, complete the following steps:
- Submit a completed Graduate Application, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- International students are required to take the TOEFL, or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS. International students holding degrees from colleges and universities in countries where English is the native language, may request to be exempt from English proficiency testing. For more information about taking the TOEFL, or IELTS including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website, or IELTS website.
- Provide official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional resume.
Applicants who have exceptional merit but do not meet all admission criteria may be admitted under special circumstances determined by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who meet the admission requirements, but whose supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcripts) are still pending may be admitted conditionally.
International students must submit all required application documents at least 90 days prior to the start of the term they wish to begin. Learn more about applying to LTU as an International Student.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to: Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.
Transfer Credit Procedure
A petition for transfer credits should be initiated by the student in the form of a letter addressed to Office of the Dean, Graduate Programs, and made prior to completion of the first semester of the graduate program. Twelve semester credits are the maximum accepted by Lawrence Tech’s College of Business and Information Technology for the M.B.A. program and nine semester credits for the other graduate programs. These courses must be graduate-level courses taken at an accredited college/university. Each course generally must have been taken within seven years of application for admission. A grade of 3.00 or better must have been earned–“passed/not passed,” “pass/fail,” or “pass/no entry” grades are not acceptable.
Students may be required to submit additional evidence (e.g., course syllabi, catalog descriptions and tests/examinations) in order to justify transfer of credits. The Management Graduate Admissions Committee may require the applicant to demonstrate proficiency in the subject either through an interview or written examination prepared by faculty members who have expertise in the subject/discipline.