The online Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT) at Lawrence Technological University is designed to help established IT professionals simultaneously advance their leadership skills and technical expertise. Offered by the College of Management, this program analyzes informational technology within a business context, focusing on applying software, networking, and other solutions to the optimization of company operations. Graduates of an online masters in information technology program can go on to confidently implement new technologies at their workplace, paving the way for an effective integration process.
Students of this program complete coursework in the following areas, among others:
- Application programming
- Information Systems
- Network implementation and management
- Database and enterprise models
- Project management
- Global leadership development
Students can also choose one of three concentrations to tailor their coursework to their personal and professional goals:
This concentration’s curriculum focuses on data mining and information management. Students participate in courses that mirror a masters in business analytics, focusing on developing fundamental techniques they can apply to streamlining data analysis and increasing company-wide access to essential information.
The Information Assurance concentration can help students become experts in digital security. Coursework closely examines vulnerabilities, threats, and risks associated with information technology applications – and how to best protect a business’ data from them. Pursuing an information assurance masters degree helps students develop a broad range of security-based skills to match the challenge of an increasingly volatile digital landscape.
Learn the skills necessary to succeed as an IT project lead. Those who elect to pursue this specialization will explore methodologies on a diverse array of managerial topics including: risk management, organization, and the best practices in outsourced project leadership. Drawing from masters in project management courses, this program offers a broad, focused look into management skills necessary for success in IT leadership.
Speak with an Admissions Counselor Today!
To learn more about Lawrence Tech’s online Master of Science in Information Technology degree and download a free brochure, fill out the fields below. You can also call to speak to one of our Admissions Counselors about the degree program.
» Are you enrolling from outside the U.S.? Click Here.
- LTU’s College of Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- The MSIT degree is a self-paced program, meaning students can choose how many classes to register for each semester
- Can be completed in as little as 24 months with full courseload
- Program offers students the opportunity to choose one of three distinct concentrations: Business Intelligence, Information Assurance, and Project Management