In today’s economic climate, many graduate students receive some type of financial aid program. Lawrence Tech participates in a number of student finance programs including grants, scholarships, work-study, military benefits, and loan programs.
Don’t let funding stand in the way of your educational goals. LTU has a financial aid staff dedicated to helping you find the right financing and award options to fund your education. Let LTU’s Financial Aid Representatives walk you through the options.
Federal Financial Aid
Applications for graduate financial aid are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Students interested in applying for financial aid are encouraged to do so at least 4 weeks prior to the start of a session. This ensures that aid is awarded in a timely manner and is available at the beginning of each session.
To apply for federal or state financial aid programs, please download the FAFSA application from www.fafsa.ed.gov.
LTU’s FAFSA number is 002279.
Students who apply for financial aid and are eligible (see below) may be offered a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan up to a maximum amount of $20,500 for the academic year.
Get an estimate of how much it would cost to repay your loan. Click here to visit the Federal Student Aid Repayment Estimator!
To qualify for federal financial aid as a graduate student at Lawrence Technological University, you must:
- Be admitted and matriculated into a degree-granting program and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits or 2 classes per semester, which is the equivalent of 1 class per term) in the session for which you are seeking assistance;
- Be considered an eligible citizen, permanent resident or non-citizen as defined on the FAFSA;
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by Lawrence Technological University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
How to Apply
- Before beginning your FAFSA, make sure you have applied for and received a FSA ID. The FSA ID will allow you to sign the FAFSA electronically. You can apply for your FSA ID and www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- File Your FAFSA (FAFSA). Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the FAFSA.
- You must list Lawrence Technological University as one of the schools entitled to receive this information and list our Title IV school code number, which is 002279.
Click here to visit LTU’s Financial Aid website to learn more.