How to Apply
Applications are accepted year-round for admission to Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Qualified candidate for this program will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants holding a master’s degree or who have been previously admitted to a master level program.
- A GMAT is not required for applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent who have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA for undergraduate course work. For applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0, a GMAT or other assessment tool may be required.
To apply to LTU’s Online Master of Science in Information Technology Program, please complete the following steps:
- Submit a completed Graduate Application, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- International students are required to take the TOEFL, or IELTS as proof of English proficiency. We require a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the IELTS. International students holding degrees from colleges and universities in countries where English is the native language, may request to be exempt from English proficiency testing. For more information about taking the TOEFL, or IELTS including finding a test site near you, please refer to the TOEFL website, or IELTS website.
- Provide official transcripts from every college or university attended.
- Submit a professional resume
Applicants who have exceptional merit but do not meet all admission criteria may be admitted under special circumstances determined by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who meet the admission requirements, but whose supporting documentation (e.g. academic transcripts) are still pending may be admitted conditionally.
*Letters of Recommendation, transcripts and independent test scores must come directly from the institution or person to: Office of Graduate Admissions, Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West Ten Mile Rd., Southfield, MI 48075-1058. Candidates are notified by mail of the outcome of their applications.