How to Apply – Online Master’s Degree in Architecture
Applications for the Online Master’s Degree in Architecture are accepted year-round for admission to Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Applicants for the M.Arch 36 and the M.Arch 3+ program are required to provide the following for admission:
- A completed Graduate Application, which can be submitted online at ltu.edu/apply
- Official transcripts of all completed college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Evidence of a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (Exceptions may be made for individuals with a GPA below 3.0. Consideration will be given to those with exceptional related professional work experience).
- Three letters of recommendation including two from faculty members from previous degree or educational experience. One work reference, preferably from an immediate supervisor at your current or a recent place of employment.
- A one-thousand-word essay. Click here for more information.
In addition to the above, applicants for the M.Arch 36 program must also:
- Hold a B.S. Architecture degree (pre-professional) or a Bachelor of Architecture from a recognized baccalaureate degree program in architecture.
- Provide a résumé describing your educational and work experience as well as extracurricular activities and interests.
- Submit a comprehensive portfolio of work demonstrating a range of visualization and design abilities and experience. The portfolio requirements are linked here for your reference.
Additional requirements may be necessary, such as an interview with an Admissions Counselor or the Director of Graduate Studies.